Education : A Basic Need
Apart from food, shelter and clothing , yet another basic requirement for humans is education. Education is not all about learning and getting good marks, but it is the path to discover new things. An educated person has the ability to differentiate between right and wrong, good and evil. Many village people in India consider education as an unnecessary thing. And in these villages, there’s not been much development even today. In India, girls are deprived of this basic need as people think providing education to girls is a waste of time and money. One must focus on educating women more than men because when a man gets education, he gets educated, but when a women gets education, a generation is getting educated. The education is:-
1) An essential human virtue:- Without education, man is just a social animal and it is this education which makes this social animal, a man.
2) A necessity for society:- Education can bring up vast changes, not only in the society but in the whole world.
3) Educated men are superior:- Aristotle once said that educated men are superior to the uneducated as the living are to the dead.
4) Sign of freedom:- In an ideal world, educated people have more options and opportunities in life than others. This makes them free.
5) Give significance of life:- Without education, one cannot contribute to the world, as education is the knowledge and knowledge is power.
In the words of the most respected leader, Nelson Mandela : “education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”. The beautiful thing about learning is that, no one can take it away from you and the only thing in the world which increases, the more you distribute among others. We must realize the importance of education and ensure that each citizen is getting educated.
You can write your views to us :-
For more updates, visit our Facebook page:-